Replacement hammer springs

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 17:53:53 -0400

To: Joe Garrett; pianotech
Subject: Re: Replacement hammer springs

Hey Joe,

Gee, that sounds good.  "Just leave it alone if you can't fix it right."
Let me remind you that this is an Acrosonic spinet and pulling the
hammer spring rail would be a lengthy and arduous task.  Leave it
alone--it would be nice to do it--I would too, if I could, but how do I
get the hammer to return to the hammer rest rail without the hammer butt
spring to push it back?  Leave it alone?  I don't think so!

Joy!

Elwood

Elwood,

            Just a quick observation here---

            If this is an acro with the pickup fingers and the guided
rail, then action removal is not arduous at all.

            The merits of repair --not repair aside, you can take this
action out in about ten minutes (check for broken bridles -- so you can
get it back in! )

Tom Driscoll