Replacement hammer springs

Elwood Doss, Jr. edoss@charter.net
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 19:09:46 -0500

Hey Tom,
It has the pickup fingers with the guide rail, but it looked the guide =
rail was attached to the keybed and not attached to the action frame.  I =
was afraid that if I tried to remove the guide rail that the pins that =
go up through the guide rail bushings would slip of the rail.  The =
Acrosonic was built in '53.  Anyone had a problem with that year =
Acrosonic?
Joy!
Elwood=20

Elwood Doss, Jr., RPT
Piano Technician/Technical Director
Department of Music
145 Fine Arts Building
University of Tennessee at Martin
Martin, TN  38238
731-881-1852
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Tom Driscoll=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2004 4:53 PM
  Subject: RE: Replacement hammer springs

  To: Joe Garrett; pianotech

  Hey Joe,

  Gee, that sounds good.  "Just leave it alone if you can't fix it =
right."  Let me remind you that this is an Acrosonic spinet and pulling =
the hammer spring rail would be a lengthy and arduous task.  Leave it =
alone--it would be nice to do it--I would too, if I could, but how do I =
get the hammer to return to the hammer rest rail without the hammer butt =
spring to push it back?  Leave it alone?  I don't think so!

  Joy!

  Elwood

  Elwood,

              Just a quick observation here---

              If this is an acro with the pickup fingers and the guided =
rail, then action removal is not arduous at all.

              The merits of repair --not repair aside, you can take this =
action out in about ten minutes (check for broken bridles -- so you can =
get it back in! )=20

  Tom Driscoll