Replacement hammer springs

Jerry Cohen emailforjc@yahoo.com
Sat, 07 Aug 2004 21:11:28 -0400

Elwood,

Just remove a few of the dampers and slip them over a few of the pins. That
will prevent the guide rail from slipping off.  Use a few bungee cords to
hold the stickers forward. Now the action will come out just like a direct
blow.

Jerry Cohen

NJ Chapter

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Elwood Doss, Jr.
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2004 8:10 PM
To: Pianotech List; Tom Driscoll
Subject: Re: Replacement hammer springs

Hey Tom,

It has the pickup fingers with the guide rail, but it looked the guide rail
was attached to the keybed and not attached to the action frame.  I was
afraid that if I tried to remove the guide rail that the pins that go up
through the guide rail bushings would slip of the rail.  The Acrosonic was
built in '53.  Anyone had a problem with that year Acrosonic?

Joy!

Elwood

Elwood Doss, Jr., RPT
Piano Technician/Technical Director