Replacement hammer springs

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 23:53:46 -0400

Elwood,

Just remove a few of the dampers and slip them over a few of the pins.
That will prevent the guide rail from slipping off.  Use a few bungee
cords to hold the stickers forward. Now the action will come out just
like a direct blow.

Jerry Cohen

NJ Chapter

            Elwood,

            Ditto to Jerry's excellent post.

For clarification it's just the damper heads that are used.

            I use three damper heads one each in the middle of each
section to hold the rail down onto the tops of the fingers.(I use the
top three on the piano or bring three extras from the shop) Then a few
heavy rubber bands around the ends of the rail and over the ends of the
hammer rest rail. I usually take the keys out also as on some of these
models the front of the fingers will hang up on the back of the keys.
Also disconnect the pedal rods as they will usually come out with the
action and possibly bind on an action post or something.

            Really an easy action to remove (For a drop action anyway.)

            Tom Driscoll

            P.S. Its no fun when the rail comes off the fingers-DAMHIK