Public perception (was sneaky Steinway)

Alan Forsyth alanforsyth@fortune4.fsnet.co.uk
Sun, 8 Aug 2004 15:15:01 -0700

John wrote;

(Snip)
I have difficulty believing companies such as Steinway or Mason and =
Hamlin are simply too afraid of what people will think.

(Snip)

Please tell me it's deeper than this :-) >>>>>

Well in reality, it is to do with the "public perception" that "size =
matters".  You ask any Joe Soap and he'll say that the longer the string =
the better the piano must be or the thicker the bass strings the better =
the bass must be. That's fact!

Basking in sunshine on the Costa del Edinburgh.

Alan F.