1866 Steinway upright for sale

Denele Campbell dcampbell@sprynet.com
Sun, 8 Aug 2004 10:53:57 -0500

I have a client with a 1866 Steinway upright serial number 14130.  A =
sticker inside on the plate in the pinblock area states Grunewald's, 735 =
Canal St., New Orleans. The piano is now located in Fayetteville =
Arkansas.

The instrument is about 49 1/2 in tall in rosewood and has not been torn =
up. Someone refinished it and did a good job. One must look closely to =
determine that it was refinished.=20

The original pinblock, soundboard, etc. remains but it has been restrung =
with oversized pins (4-5). It holds tune well. No sympathetic =
vibrations. Good tone. The action has been partially restored -- new =
hammers, damper felt, and some repair work to original whippen. Sluggish =
jack movement and poor regulation contribute to problems in repetition.

Client wants to sell or possibly trade. We are accepting bids starting =
at $5000. Bidding will close September 1. Please email all bid and =
queries to me at this email address.=20

Thanks,
Denele Campbell, RPT