Mehaffey pliers

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 22:07:47 -0600

MessageHi Ric, <G> look on my site. The action does not need to be =
removed except for waterfall spinets. Not for use on grands <):((
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Richard Moody=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 9:18 PM
  Subject: Mehaffey pliers

  For lost motion in any piano I have always wanted a nut driver like =
tool that you could fit over the top of capstans  (with the action out =
of the piano) and turn them how ever much you think is needed.   With =
all the capstans exposed just go from key to key with more or less the =
same amount of turn.  Then finish  with the action back in with  the =
standard tool hopefully needing 1/8 turn or less.   Such a tool would be =
worth 30 bucks to me.   Maybe something like those hammer shank reducing =
tools that have four jaws with a bolt that makes them narrower or wider =
but modified so they wouldn't scar the brass edges.

  ---ric=20