Baldwin butt spring string

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 19:08:17 -0700

Elwood,

I take it that this is a Schwander-style action (similar to the Yamaha).
In general, I would probably duplicate what was there. You can use silk
cord, Yamaha cord, braided fishing line, kite string, or just about any
braided synthetic cord of a thickness similar to the original.

For my aging eyes, I'd use a needle threader to get a loop of cord
through the hole. Then, using an appropriate-size dowel inserted in the
loop, you can tie the knot.

Without looking at it, I'm not sure I'm being much help.

Tom Cole