Center Rail Pin Locater Jig

Thu, 12 Aug 2004 05:14:31 -0500

--=====================_590187==_.REL
At 22:11 8/11/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Dale Erwin's post on the Kaplan jig made me feel like I should share this.
>Tonight I made a little jig that I had been intending to make for the past
>six months - the center rail pin locator jig that Bill Spurlock describes
>in his October 1983 PTG Journal article. It is used to repair bad pulley
>keys. Below are two pictures. Haven't used it yet, but I'm quite sure it
>will work well.
>
>Those 20 years of Journals on CD are absolutely indispensable!
>
>spurki.jpg
>
>spurkt.jpg
>
>Terry Farrell

Terry,

I made the same things shortly after that article came out. As I recall,
(looking at a remnant) one has to make one for each use and size balance
pin.  The jig wears fast enough to be unreliable after one or two uses.

I have a slew of key repair jobs facing me again, but this time I have the
Onesti system.  I'm estimating that amortization of the co$t of that system
is about three sets.

--=====================_590187==_.REL
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: spurki.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 22753 bytes
Desc: not available

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: spurkt.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 14596 bytes
Desc: not available

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

The shortest distance between two points is under construction.