digital micrometer

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:42:00 -0700

Hello all,

There's a website called "International Piano Supply", and the URL is:
http://www.pianoparts.com/

The prices are significantly higher than Schaff, Pianotek, Pacific and the
like. In other words, no technician discount; open to the public.

But I DID find a Digital Micrometer, priced at $51.30! that's about $100
LESS than the standard supply houses. So, my question would be, is this
micrometer decent quality, or junk? Here's the item description as quoted
from the site:

NewOctave GlobalŽ Digital Readout Micrometer - Lifetime Guarantee
(Previously sold at $110.00) Accurately measures from .001" to 1". A very
easy to read, precision instrument. Accurate to .001". $51.30

Does anyone on the list own this particular micrometer? Btw, it looks pretty
much the same as the more expensive ones sold by the supply houses.

Terry Peterson