Hammer Strike Line-Grand

Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:16:48 +0200

Hi Gordon..

Sounds to me like you have pretty well established that the dead thudish
sound has nothing to do with the strike line... yes ? That means
something else in in the way. You could always try changeing a few
strings and the like.. but I doubt that will make a lot of difference.
You may just have a piano thats dead up there. No sustain points in the
direction of a bridge/soundboard that simply sucks up all the strings
energy and reflects none of it back. Could be a host of reasons for that
being the case.....

One question... is the transition from Eb7 to E7 and above abrubt... or
is is a bit smoothed ?

Cheers
RicB