Hammer Strike Line-Grand

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:15:23 +0200

Plucking with a finger shows you the strike point also (more or less).

If the hammers are OK (thin and reactive enough) may be they are
restrained by the backchecks when playing, may be they are knocking on
the iron of the plate (are there agrafes in the treble ?)
May be the capo is too worn and takes too much energy.

If the glide bolts are too much screwed and the back of the keybed
floats the tails can rub on the backchecks, and you loose much energy
by lack of correct foundation.

But a thump can be caused by regulation problem (letoff not occurring
at normal speed)

etc etc.

If you agree I can come by and have a look at it !

Best regards

Isaac OLEG