Drying pianos prior to CAing block. ( How dry I am ??????? )

Michael Spalding spalding48@earthlink.net
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:13:51 -0500

Thump,

That was my post about winter/summer. Typical Wisconsin indoor humidities
are 70% in summer (or 50% with AC), and 30% in winter.  There's no need to
get it dryer than what you expect it to experience in the future, and if
you're concerned about possible damage from drying, then don't even go that
far.  How long?  I don't know.  Do you dry the soundboard on a summer
project before repairing cracks and separated ribs?  Do this at the same
time.  Maybe you could monitor tuning pin tightness as you go - when
they're loose and not getting any looser, you're dry enough.

Mike

PS why include that stuff about dating the client's daughter?