Interesting service call--1st encounter with a Fazioli

Ryan Sowers pianorye@yahoo.com
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 19:14:01 -0700 (PDT)

I had a chance to play a Fazioli concert grand at a regional convention. It was really nice but I wouldn't say spectacular. Mostly I expected more out of the bass. It could be that my opinion was tainted by overly high expectations, however for what it cost the performance ought to be really amazing. Other techs at the conference had similar observations. One disclaimer: the room accoustics were pretty dead.

Also I had a chance to talk with a touring concert artist who said they have a Fazioli at the conservatory where he works. He described it as "vulgar". He also stated that he prefrered New York Steinway.

Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no> wrote:
Piannaman@aol.com wrote:

>> Somethings gotta give... :)
>>
>> Just dont show up with her daughter as a date... or yous in big
>> trouble !
>>
>> Cheers
>> RicB
>

> Especially since the lady of the house is about my age....

Yeap... thats what happened to Jack N. as well... funny movie.... you
could shoot for a remake maybe ??

But back to pianos.... I'd be curious to hear more of your thoughts
about the Fazioli. Off the cuff... how would you compare in terms of
general usability for concerts the Fazioli against the Steinway ?

Cheers
RicB

> Dave S.

Ryan Sowers, RPT  Puget Sound Chapter