Interesting service call--1st encounter with a Fazioli

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 23:28:28 EDT

In a message dated 8/13/04 10:05:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:

> Yeap... thats what happened to Jack N. as well... funny movie.... you
> could shoot for a remake maybe ??
>
> But back to pianos.... I'd be curious to hear more of your thoughts
> about the Fazioli.  Off the cuff... how would you compare in terms of
> general usability for concerts the Fazioli against the Steinway ?

Ric,

I didn't get to play it long enough or hard enough to get a real idea of its
range.  Plus it was covered.  When I go back in a few months, I'll as her for
a little more time at it, and to see the 9 footer as well.

The two things that were remarkable to me were the bass, and the clarity of
tone, even with covers on.

Dave S.