lacquering hammers

antares antares@euronet.nl
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 20:44:44 +0200

If you lacquer those Kawai hammers, you ruin them for ever. Those are
not American made hammers but come from Hamamatsu Japan.
It is the same with Yamaha hammers.

If that customer wants a brighter sound, you achieve this with
anti-friction treatment to start with, followed by a power regulation.
Anti-friction takes care of 'stiff joints' and causes a much more
dynamic, a power regulation is the finale.
If you do this right, you will have done a good job without
unnecessarily damaging hammers.

The hammer are the crown jewels of the instrument.
You know what I'm saying?

friendly greetings
from
André Oorebeek