Mason BB vs Petrof PII

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 22:01:38 +0200

Hi Harry

I really dont know the quality of todays Mason and Hamlins... but if its
anywhere near that of yesteryear... then I would vote for the M&H hands
down.  Petrofs are just plain too variable.  That said... if you know
what to look for from a piano technical point of view... and find a
Petrof that both meets those standards and has the sound your customer
likes... then the Petrof will be a fine choice. Just look over every
little thing you can. Pay particular attention to the pinblock, the
action fitting, and the bridge pin placements.

Cheers
RicB