OT Charley

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 12:01:23 -0400

I need to revise my recent post regarding the track of hurricane Charley. I
saw a revised track of Charley from the National Hurricane Center in the
paper today - the strong side of Charley's eye wall came somewhere between
15 and 20 miles from Phil Bondi - no doubt he saw sustained winds well over
100 mph. Measuring distances on the map of the track puts the center of
Charley's eye passing three miles west of Dave Smith's residence - AND THE
EYE WALL, WITH SUSTAINED 145 MPH WINDS, GUSTING TO 160 MPH, DIRECTLY OVER
HIS HOME. Dave's condo is directly on the water. I can only assume his place
suffered significant damage, if not much worse. His shop WAS on the first
floor (ground level) - I'm sure the tidal surge took that out.

I've got emails and phone messages in several source for him to contact me,
but have not heard back yet.

I may be able to help him with housing, so please, anyone that should get in
contact with him, please have him call or email me ASAP.

mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
terry@farrellpiano.com
home - (813) 654-0969
shop - (813) 684-3505

The day before Charley hit, Phil Bondi told me that Dave was in California
at PianoDisc School on Friday, the day of the hurricane. Does anyone have
any information on that PianoDisc session? When was the class to conclude?
What facility was it at? Any contact numbers?

Thanks.

Terry Farrell
In Mercifully Spared Tampa, Florida