Center Rail Pin Locater Jig

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 17:03:21 -0400

I just finished my first few balance rail holes with the jig. I did not =
drill through the jig, but rather made a punch and used that to mark the =
location. It seems easy enough to line up the drill bit with the punch =
mark on the drill press. Results so far on my first few appear excellent =
- perfect alignment.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: BobDavis88@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2004 2:28 PM
  Subject: Re: Center Rail Pin Locater Jig

  In a message dated 8/12/2004 3:30:50 AM Pacific Standard Time, =
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:
    I wondered about enlarging the hole over time though. Perhaps it =
would be
    better to use a self-centering punch to mark the key bottom with the =
jig,
    remove the jig, and then drill
  The hole does enlarge slowly, but can be peened back down. I've used =
the same jig for I think four sets of keys. One could also make a =
marking punch out of a keypin, I guess. I like the way the jig helps =
guide the drill bit.

  Bob Davis