Renner blues coming unglued

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 02:32:58 EDT

In a message dated 8/15/2004 3:16:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
oleg-i@noos.fr writes:

    Isaac
    I have rechecked to see if these hammers  have staples & they do have a
hole thru the felt & each molding but no  staple. I may have taken the staple
out or perhaps the hammers were punched for  a staple but none was punched in.
I don't recall.
   Anyway it has been brought to my attention that  The Renner blues have
never been made with a staple however I know these are  Renner blue hammers & I
remember purchasing them as it was originally for my  own 20's model L
Steinway.  So what this means is they are older than 8  years but I don't know by how
much.
   Dale Erwin

Dale,

Are the Renner blue stapled ? What kind of  American hammers are not ?

8 years is a tad old , but I may ask  Renner about that (more recent = hammer
change).

Thanks.

Isaac