back check, a magical mystery tour.

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:37:50 +0200

Bernhard  hello,

Can't be that these blows are not exactly synchronized ((what happens not at
all level of play I guess anyway) but key bottom stroke prorogated by
backchecks stroke inducing a energy wave toward the bridge and hence adding
to the string energy) ?

High speed analysis should certainly be interesting for that matter, but a
simple time spectra analysis can yet show us things. The device used for the
test blows at the PTG seem a good one for that kind of test.

I am persuaded also that the stiffness of the wire being stiffer with a
lower backchecks the checking stroke is firmer.

The impression to have the fingers touch the strings (via the hammer I
guess) is what I focus on while tuning , one of the reasons why I tune
differently depending of the amount of aftertouch (unconsciously very
probably).

This impression exist as well with a less synchronized checking, but indeed
any tip that reinforces it is a very good one.

Thanks for your participation !

Best Regards.