Backcheck/Tail juxtaposition...was sumpin else<G>

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 07:00:55 -0700

Andre' said: I mean that after the motion of drop, you should be able to =
stick a 2mm=20
stick between the tail of the hammer and the top of the back check."

Andr=E9 oorebeek,
I've been reading all of this retoric about improving the tone/power =
with the "correct" position of the check. To be honest, I am a bit =
sceptical, but I'll try it.=20
However! The general premise is based on the assumption that the damned =
hammer is bored absolutely correct. AND, that the hammer is absolutely =
the proper, over-all length, in regards to the proper action geometry.=20
In a perfect world, I'd have no problem taking this magical 2mm distance =
as gospel, but in this screwed up world of pianos, that just ain't so! =
Just my inflated US$ worth of, hopefully, common sense, here people.<G>
Best Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I