Mason & Hamlin A Scale

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:01:14 EDT

In a message dated 8/16/2004 6:29:58 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ceisenstadt@sc.rr.com writes:

I am  rebuilding a Mason & Hamlin "A" (#29187 made in 1920) and I'm  hoping
that someone has a treble scale for it. The plate has AX6 on it. A  previous
rebuilder had tossed an odd mix of sizes on it.
Carl

     Carl
  I do
  Do you still want it after all the flak you got.  The guys are right tho.
This piano had a couple of scales but the differences  were mainly in the low
tenor. I don't recall the ones from this era vary much in the rest of scale.
I'd need to look at my notes. The fun  part will the one tied string per unison
in the lower part of the tenor  scale & getting it right without a pattern But
it's possible.
  Good luck

   Dale Erwin

Erwins Pianos  Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.
Modesto, Ca 95357
209-577-8397
Rebuilt  Steinway , Mason &Hamlin  Sales
www.Erwinspiano.com