Mason & Hamlin A Scale

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:54:24 -0400

Hi Dale,

What is "it" and what "pattern" are you referring to when you say "The =
fun part will the one tied string per unison in the lower part of the =
tenor scale & getting it right without a pattern..."? Just trying to =
figure this out.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 11:01 AM
  Subject: Re: Mason & Hamlin A Scale

  In a message dated 8/16/2004 6:29:58 PM Pacific Standard Time, =
ceisenstadt@sc.rr.com writes:
    I am rebuilding a Mason & Hamlin "A" (#29187 made in 1920) and I'm =
hoping
    that someone has a treble scale for it. The plate has AX6 on it. A =
previous
    rebuilder had tossed an odd mix of sizes on it.
                                Carl
       Carl
    I do
    Do you still want it after all the flak you got. The guys are right =
tho. This piano had a couple of scales but the differences were mainly =
in the low tenor. I don't recall the ones from this era vary much in the =
rest of scale. I'd need to look at my notes. The fun part will the one =
tied string per unison in the lower part of the tenor scale & getting it =
right without a pattern But it's possible.
    Good luck

     Dale Erwin=20

  Erwins Pianos Restorations=20
  4721 Parker Rd.