back check, a magical mystery tour.

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 01:16:23 +0200

I mean, there are more than one mode of play for the piano. If a
bacheck position add strength to a larger window of force between
piano and forte, no doubt it is very perceptible.

I agree that the synchronism may be different when playing softly and
playing at the edge of saturation, but if the brake induced by the
internal friction is coherent and consistent vs. the flexibility of
the ensemble a possibility exist that the response of the system
remain similar for a larger dynamic zone.

May be clear as mud certainly

Isaac OLEG

-----Message d'origine-----
De : pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]De la
part de Richard Brekne
Envoyé : mardi 17 août 2004 20:32
À : Pianotech
Objet : Re: back check, a magical mystery tour.

Good you brought Askenfelt into this Ed.  The first thing that
bothered
me about Bernhards post was the synchronization bit at all levels of
play... but when you first mention the Five lectures... of course....
no
way these can be in sync at all to begin with..  Still.... ya gota
admit
he had a seductive explanation there.... :)

Cheers
RicB

http://www.speech.kth.se/music/5_lectures/ )  it is