new Bechsteins

antares antares@euronet.nl
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 05:59:17 +0200

On 18-aug-04, at 2:39, Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:

> =A0
>  =A0List
>  =A0Does any one out there have any working knowledge as to Why=20
> Bechsteins are voiced so brilliantly. I always though that the=20
> European tone preference was darker & cleaner. Andre, Ric Isaac, Got=20=

> an opinion?
> =A0=A0 Dale
> =A0 Dale Erwin

Hi Dale,
  I think it is more the fact that Bechsteins are what I call 'Discant=20=

instruments', instruments with the particular character of, and=20
emphasis on higher overtones.
That is one of the reasons why they needle them up to pulp (the battery=20=

area) from the beginning, to give them more lower overtones.

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek

Amsterdam -