Bechsteins

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:11:37 -0700

Dale said: "List=20
 Does any one out there have any working knowledge as to  Why Bechsteins =
are=20
voiced so brilliantly. I always though that the European tone  =
preference was=20
darker & cleaner. Andre, Ric Isaac, Got an  opinion?"

 Dale,
Did the prep & voicing/tuning on a 7 footer a while ago. Try as I might, =
it would not come down to the level that I preferred. I speculate it's =
the scale, hammers and SB/ribs, etc. A little brighter than my =
preference runs, but a "ballsy" piano with nice clarity and =
articulation. No "mud" present anywhere, (unlike another Euro one that I =
loath/hate/despise!)
A good set of Wurzens would be my choice of hammer.<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I