Bechsteins

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:52:18 +0100

Joe Garrett wrote:

> <>
>  Dale,
> Did the prep & voicing/tuning on a 7 footer a while ago. Try as I
> might, it would not come down to the level that I preferred. I
> speculate it's the scale, hammers and SB/ribs, etc. A little brighter
> than my preference runs, but a "ballsy" piano with nice clarity and
> articulation. No "mud" present anywhere, (unlike another Euro one that
> I loath/hate/despise!)

Yes... they are in general very clean sounding.  Fuel for the anti
duplex noise campfire :)  Ballsy is a good word.  I am not always
pleased with the bass strings tho. I hate bad bass unisions myself......
worse then falsness in the diskant .  Drives me nuts. Still, all in all
one of my favorite pianos.

> A good set of Wurzens would be my choice of hammer.<G>

Might be nice to try em out on one.  I just did a Bluthner... which also
has a tendency to be very bright and it came out wonderfull.

Cheers
RicB