(no subject)

Sarah Fox sarah@graphic-fusion.com
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:36:04 -0400

Richard,

I ended up here because I love pianos and want to learn more about then =
-- and share my theoretical insights where appropriate.

I am speaking out on this issue because it IS on topic, and it pertains =
to the professional practices of at least a few on this list.  I've seen =
business cards discussed.  I've seen pricing structures discussed.  I've =
seen policies discussed.  I've seen professional rants discussed.  I've =
seen lots and lots and lots of stuff of a nontechnical nature discussed =
ON TOPIC, given that it pertains to the profession itself (i.e. the =
business end).  This issue is no different.  Apparently some of the =
techs on this list have no manners with respect to a certain clientele, =
and they must be taught what their mamas didn't teach them.  Apparently =
at least one tech on this list is dangerous, and so this potentially =
becomes a (professional) matter of life and limb.  The thread is =
absolutely ON TOPIC.  I did not play the religion card.  I'm simply =
defending against it.

Fortunately most of you techs already "get it," and to those techs, I =
apologize for the wasted bandwidth.  (But please remember that a single =
unsolicited graphic takes up far more bandwidth than I've used up with =
the sum total of my text.  Imagine each letter as a pixel, literally.  =
In bandwidth terms, the typical picture is worth perhaps 20,000 words.)

How many words, and how many deleted posts is it worth to prevent some =
unfortunate soul from being beaten to a pulp -- or worse?

Honestly, how could I NOT speak up, even with the predictable =
consequence of being insulted for it and touching off what I'm sure is a =
lot of very derogatory off-list chatter about me from the Bible =
Thumpers' Syndicate?  It's important, Richard.  Very important.  That's =
why I do it, and that's why you should accept it.

Peace,
Sarah

  ----- Original Message -----=20