My clients

Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:17:39 +0100

Hi Bob, glad to see this general subject being taken in the direction of
straight on topical material.

With all due respect to Robert G.... his last post struck me as an
overeaction to the situation he was presented with.  Its not like he was
confronted with a fellow with a few AK47s, a couple Walther PK47's and a
selection of bloodies machetès and hunting knifes on his person.  It was
just a guy with a beard with a dress on... in probably the most likely
city in the world to find such. I dont find it suprising to have read
the various reactions to his post one iota, tho I have to also admit my
first reaction to his post was far more humourous then what the ensuing
discussion prompted me to write.  Perhaps this is because tho I dont
know Robert personally,  his many posts on the list make it difficult
for me too imagine he has all that much of an issue with transgendered
perse'.  More likely its just not his cup of tea, and he sees no reason
to makes any bones about it.  Fair enough considering all the various
forms of prejudice <<light>> we all far to easily make our selves guilty
of.  Indeed, I still think that probably the most funny part about the
whole  episode was probably Roberts face when the fellow opened the
door.  Grin... personally I would have loved to seen the expression on
his face.  And no... I didnt really like the references to "it" in
Roberts origional post... nor is any of this meant to defend those.  Bad
humour at best me thinks.

Ok...   but we get quickly into the kind of discussion BobDavis takes a
lead on below, and Bob makes I think the most relvant points very well
indeed.  Unless you are in a truly threatening situation... we've  no
reason to think one way or another about any particular customer outside
of business relating directly to our job there and then.  I really dont
see that Robert has shown any real such threatening situation to his
person, but then on the other hand I wasnt there.  Indeed, the moment
Robert walked into the door to accept the job... he should have been
sure of that and of his ability to be comfortable working for the
person.... or he should have turned away.

In the ensuing wash of posts, it difficult to conclude that a select few
were anything other then directly prejudiced and biggoted. I suppose we
should be able to just ignore such posts, at least on the list.
Difficult sometimes.....

As far as Sarah is concerned....some of us have known all along where
life has taken her.  Shes a great gal... what can I say ?  I'm glad
she's with us.

Cheers
RicB