Setting pitch with a fork

Dave Davis davistunes@yahoo.com
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 17:11:55 -0700 (PDT)

 Cy,

Something that has helped me hear the F2/Fork better, is to adjust F2  until it is beating at a rate that is easy to identify. Something like 4-6 bps usually works well for me. I had trouble hearing the beats at first, and have become a "bang it on the kneecap and hold it to the underside of the keybed between the third and fourth fingers" kind of guy.

Dave Davis

(hey Ryan, does the Johnny Walker blued taste anything like the Black or Red label?)

Ryan Sowers wrote:

Holding it in your teeth works great! I do it often. The Johnny Walker Blued forks work best since they aren't to big on the bottom of the handle.

It really gives you a clear tone and longer sustain, not to mention alows your hands to be free!