setting pitch with a fork

Quentin Codevelle quentin.codevelle@tiscali.fr
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:38:58 +0200

Hi all,

Yes Isaac, when I was at school, we learned how to recognize the exact amount of beats that we need to  build one 3rd or another.
My teacher (Philippe, but you know him) taught us for example to use a watch (not a digital one, but a "classic"one) and count for a little less than 1 beat a second for the 4th A440-D .
that was our basis.
The watch stands for a visual help, and it was useful at the beginning.

In order to help "recording" the beats in my head, I found some wave files on the web that represent 1 beat, 2 beats etc...
I even, have the audio representation of the 3 3rds: F-A440 A440-C#-C# F (one octave higher than previous F , of course)
I hope this is clear.
Maybe the first files with 1,2 beats etc were found on ric's website. Is that right, ric?
It is a bit difficult for me to express it with the right terms so that everybody understands.

Quentin

************************ ADSL ILLIMITE TISCALI + TELEPHONE GRATUIT ************************
Surfez 40 fois plus vite pour 30EUR/mois seulement !  Et téléphonez partout en France gratuitement,
vers les postes fixes (hors numéros spéciaux). Tarifs très avantageux vers les mobiles et l'international !
Pour profiter de cette offre exceptionnelle, cliquez ici : http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl  (voir conditions sur le site)