Rosewood tuning lever/hammer

Michael Spalding spalding48@earthlink.net
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 07:30:56 -0500

John,

You are porbably feeling two things:

1)  a fixed length hammer will be stiffer than an extension hammer, all
other things being equal.

2)  all other things are seldom equal, particularly quality.  Could be
serious differences in the fit of tips and heads, or looseness in the fit
of the extension to the ferrule.

I will second what several others have said - try a fixed length, ball end,
well-balanced/lightweight hammer.  It will be another quantum leap better
than the rosewood "cigar".

Mike