Tuning fork and reverse well

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 12:16:29 +0100

Hi Marcel

Yes.. I thought about asking them about this too, but figured it wasnt a
big enough detail to get into. The resulting difference in pitch is
around 0.4 bps at A3 and I really dont have a problem with that anyways.

You are right tho.. they dont like anyone questioning the validity of
anything they teach.  I read all that as being part of the respect thing
the Japanese have.  Its not so much that they dont see the sense in any
such questioning... its just they dont deem it appropriate for the
setting.  If you do.. they will just let you alone... also a kind of
show of respect in its way as far as I can tell. They just figure if you
know it then you dont need their help... course ...grin... they will
mark you down on any tests if you deviate from their norms.  But heck...
its their school and a good tech should be able to make such
adjustements in style on the fly anyways. At least thats how I decided
to approach all this kind of thing.  But then I was given good coaching
beforehand about some basic Japanese ethics.

Tho this doesnt help me with my origional querrie. Still it reminds me
of a few points I made a mental note of where I think differently then
the Academy does on procedural things.

Cheers
RicB