Irregularities in key bushing

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:08:09 +0200

Dean,

Allowing the keys to dry for 224/48 h on the stack is yet easing the balance
hole a lot, I've been made very cautious with the kind of firmness we get
with the rebushing process, as fiber are just ready to crunch again.

I also wait 24 hrs with the cauls in place (while I understand it is not
always possible, and at last one night with the sizing cauls when available
(not for all keyboards)

A lot of cauls ordering may be in order but alas ....

A good process I use for older keyboards, is the installation of thicker
center pins (drill the balance rail prior to installation) thinner cloth and
some problems possibly arise with the capsule, but the firmness of the
balance is then appreciable.

I think of a process to glue a sliver (sort of boat shaped) of wood in a
notch cut with those U shaped chisels to close a too large balance hole
without having to install wooden washers.

The hole after that have to be filed with a rat file modified by grinding to
be sure to file at the wanted place.

Any other idea ?

Regards.

Isaac OLEG