Irregularities in key bushing

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:23:18 -0700

The difference is the CF Tool is tapered on 2 opposite sides and=
 used correctly to ease the sides of the balance hole, not the=
 fore & aft of the balance hole.   That's what  I use...used it=
 today in fact on two pianos.

David I.

From: Joe Garrett <joegarrett@earthlink.net>
To: pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: Irregularities in key bushing

Dean May said: "BTW, using this steam method to remove the=
 balance rail felt actually
"sizes" the worn balance rail hole, closing it up a tad. This=
 allows you to
ease it back up to the perfect size when installing. I use the=
 Yamaha
capstan wrench: a very gradual taper that allows very uniform=
 results."

Dean,
Shame shame! Try using the proper tool to "ease" the balance=
 hole, (from the top down). It, too, is a Yamaha tool!<G> If you=
 haven't seen one, I'll be glad to scan my version.
Best Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I