Rosewood tuning lever/hammer

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 08:24:48 -0600

At 08:16 PM 8/20/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>             I use a Rosewood hammer from Schaff. I like it. By the way,
> what is the advantage of a hammer with a ball type lever?
>

>Julia Gottchall,
>Reading, PA

Julia,
    I remember a gazzilion years ago when I first saw a ball-end lever.
"Yeah, right!" I said, skeptically,  'cause my dad didn't use one.
    Long story short, a few years ago I got one from Renner, and ....whew!
All the stuff "they" said was true. Less fatigue, faster tunings(five
minutes off of the first time use), better control. At the same time, I was
switching to the 20 degree head. The combo of ball-end and 20 degree
revolutionized my efforts.
    Of course, that's just me. Different strokes, etc.
    Borrow one, or something, and see what you think.

Enjoy,
Guy