Hearing beats

jason kanter jkanter@rollingball.com
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 08:03:02 -0700

I learned "from Chicago to New York" (7) and "from Mississippi to New =
York" (8).
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Paul Chick (Earthlink)=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 7:37 AM
  Subject: RE: Hearing beats

    Subject: Hearing beats

        Hi Gang:
        I'm mentoring a new technician who is having trouble with beat =
speeds.  Does anyone remember an article in print that relates words to =
beat speeds, i.e. mississippi being a four beat per second indicator, =
popocotepetal (sp)  I can't remember if it was in PTJ, or another piece =
of information.  Thanks....
        Mike Kurta
    =20
    I can't recall the instructor..."any word or phrase with the =
appropriate number of syllables that you can easily repeat with a steady =
rhythm can teach you to time your beat speeds..."=20

    Paul C