Backchecks, magical mystery tour

J. Stanley Ryberg jstan40@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 09:43:04 -0700 (PDT)

<<OK, all of you who ever attended the PTG seminar class taught by Dr. Tom Rossing (a physicist) at Northern Illinois University back in the mid to late 80s raise your hands.  (Were you there Stan?)  If I remember correctly, he played recordings of instruments (or maybe just the piano) without the attack.  The piano (without the attack) sounded remarkably like a pipe organ.  It was amazing.

Barbara Richmond, RPT>>

Hi, Barbara!

No, I wasn't in DeKalb at that time--though I was teaching in Palatine, a little over an hour away.  Actually, my conversations with the engineering prof were at Northwestern U. in the mid-70s, but I also remember hearing many experimental tape manipulating recordings as early as the mid-50s when I was entering high school.

Regards,

Stan Ryberg
Barrington IL
jstan40@sbcglobal.net