Herrburger Brooks spring & loop action

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 23:06:58 -0500

I saw a Kranich and Bach baby grand with a string loop tied to a spring
above the rep lever.  Is this what you are talking about?   I wish I had
my digital camera with me.  I advised my client not to buy it  because I
had no idea how to deal with the strings once they  broke and one was
broken already and I suspected more would break in the first 100 hours
of practice of their 10 and 12 year old.    ---ric

"Don't let the past remind of us what we are not now" Crosby Stills and
Nash song.

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of JWyatt1492@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 11:33 AM
To: fullnotch@westpa.net; pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Herrburger Brooks spring & loop action

Hello Jon.

   Herrburger Brooks built several types of
actions.  Does yours have a repetition lever?
If so please describe the repetition spring.
What brand of Piano is it in?
The devil is always in the details.

     In the late 20s an early 30s there were
several grand actions built without  repetition
levers. One made a pitiful attempt with a single
loop spring.  But it never worked.

   This action model and others will be displayed
in the new  Foundation  Museum  for the 2005
Convention in K.C.

Regards,
Jack Wyatt