Herrburger Brooks spring & loop action

daniel sicardi tcscotch@comcast.net
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:56:44 -0400

MessageThe Baldwin DVP 25 (Digital Vertical Piano) has a keyboard =
designed by FATAR (which as we all know manufactures STUDIOLOGIC =
Keyboards and a lot of Designer label digital instruments).

Baldwin , no longer supports their' old digital pianos, and although I =
managed to locate a resource for springs, keys are rare for this =
instrument. So I have to use what is available! The keys that are =
without springs,(three keys) have small cracks 1/4 inch nearby the =
spring wells at the end of the key assembly. Installation of the springs =
is impossible because of these cracks which allow the spring wells to =
spread.

I need a recommendation for a glue to use to fix these cracks!
Help
Danny
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Richard Moody=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 12:06 AM
  Subject: RE: Herrburger Brooks spring & loop action

  I saw a Kranich and Bach baby grand with a string loop tied to a =
spring above the rep lever.  Is this what you are talking about?   I =
wish I had my digital camera with me.  I advised my client not to buy it =
 because I had no idea how to deal with the strings once they  broke and =
one was broken already and I suspected more would break in the first 100 =
hours of practice of their 10 and 12 year old.    ---ric=20

  "Don't let the past remind of us what we are not now" Crosby Stills =
and Nash song.=20