Hybrid aural-electronic tuning

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:19:36 -0400

Jim Coleman Sr. (what a wonderful guy!) has oodles of stuff on exactly =
that.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Cy Shuster=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 11:13 AM
  Subject: Hybrid aural-electronic tuning

  Bob,

  I'd love to hear more on how to combine aural checks with electronic =
tuning.  That seems to be the best of both worlds.

  With TuneLab Pro, I measure iH in every octave, watch for big jumps =
across the bass/treble break (and use the split spinet scale if =
necessary), then adjust the tuning curve to be flat on the ends.  But I =
always use the default 6:3 octaves in the bass and 4:2 in the treble, =
because I don't know any better.  Maybe this topic is too basic for this =
list... (I'm studying Baldassin's "On Pitch")

  --Cy Shuster--
  Bluefield, WV