Fw: Hearing beats (corrected)

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 02:06:16 -0500

Thanks for the correction. I meant C#3 above A2.
Bob

oops is me,  I should have said above A2 because you said 4 bps.   It is
just I don't count beats down there even though it seems logical to do
so,  just a matter of training and therefore habit ---ric

"We learn from history that we do not learn from history."

Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel (1770-1831); German philosopher.

[]  -----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of BobDavis88@aol.com
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 8:47 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Fw: Hearing beats (corrected)

In a message dated 8/22/2004 9:04:56 PM Pacific Standard Time,
remoody@midstatesd.net writes:

You wrote (about contig 3rds)

Tune C#3 about as fast above A3 as your watch ticks (if your watch is 4
bps like mine), or maybe barely faster. Absolute accuracy IS NOT
essential at this step.

Don't you mean tune C#4 above A3?   Isn't C#3 below A3 on the keyboard
and therefore a minor sixth?    ---ric