Fw: Hearing beats (corrected)

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 00:10:05 -0700

Hi, Ric,

At 12:06 AM 8/24/2004, you wrote:

>"We learn from history that we do not learn from history."
>
>Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel (1770-1831); German philosopher.

Hmmmmm.....what's the source on this?  I pretty clearly remember reading it
in Bernard Shaw, but cannot remember where.  Besides, it doesn't really
sound all that much like Hegel...

Cheers!

Horace

P.S. - Been using C for a very long time; and never had any substantive
complaints...It's all a question of technique; either you work hard enough
to get things solid and predictable, or you don't.  A, C, Q-flat...really
doesn't matter, as long as things balance out and A is (nominally) 440...hg