Pinning on new flanges

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 07:17:19 -0500

List,

There certainly is a lot of name dropping as to authenticate what is
so and what isn't concerning correct hammer flange pinning, and there
are various concepts presented as to how tight or loose these hammer
flanges should or not be.

If I were seeking correct information from authoritative sources what
is correct about this subject, it would appear on the surface this is
not the place to get it.

Now no disrespect intended, but I find it somewhat amusing that so
many persons assert to have the answer, yet there is not relative
sameness in those answers.

So I muse, why don't I add to this professionalism.

There is no one way to do it. There is such a thing as too loose, and
there is such a thing as too tight. What happens in between will
always be a judgement call.

Each piano dictates what it needs to optimize its abilities. and it
takes a person who is capable of recognizing and accomplishing such a
thing when needed.

Sincerely,

Keith
--