Repinning Steinway Upright with verdigris--suggestions, estimates?

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:04:44 EDT

 << I didn't have to do much examining to figure out that the piano is
infested
with verdigris (I forgot to note whether there are double flanges, though :-(

).

I am going to take on the job of repinning this beast if the owners decide
they want it done, but I have a few questions.

1.  Will I need to replace bushings as well as the center pins?  I certainly
suspect so, since the cloth is the culprit.   >>

Re-flange, new pinning in old cloth is only a temporary fix, imho.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT