Repinning Steinway Upright with verdigris--suggestions, estimates?

Jerry Cohen emailforjc@yahoo.com
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:33:10 -0400

Dave,

A year ago I worked on a 1920 Steinway V. All the hammer flanges had very
bad verdigris, but amazingly none of the other flanges had it.

I replaced hammers, shanks, butts and flanges.  It has double flanges.

The tone is quite nice, so it was worth the effort.

Jerry Cohen

NJ Chapter