Pinning on new flanges

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 21:12:56 -0600

At 09:26 PM 8/24/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>List,
>
>Wasn't there recently a discussion about the "new" way that Steinway is
>recommending
>pinning their actions. Very "loose" as compared to the traditional
>methods, as I
>remember. Or had I just had too much Vodka that night? :-)
>
>Avery
>
>P.S. Sorry, I can't remember the name of the thread.

Was wonderin' if someone was gonna get into that. The "new" S&S spec is as
close to 0g. friction as you'de ever wanna get. The new bushing cloth is
"super high density" and treated (permeated with Teflon). The birds' eye is
almost zero tolerance, and I've been told that they are not "fly away" and
to NOT repin them to a tighter spec. Alright. Also.... the treated cloth is
not happy with Protek, at least until you've used enough to flush out the
treatment. Talk to Kent Webb at S&S if you're using the latest S&S
shank/flange setup. BTW... the rep lever pinning is at that same spec, ....
dandy, no?

Serious bidniss, campers. Check it out.

Later,
Guy