Pinning on new flanges

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:11:00 +0100

Keith McGavern wrote:

> Grin... Ok Keith... its now
>

>> 2 to the rest of the world... :)
>

> Count me as 3.

Ok.. 3

> Richard,
>
> Your agreement as to something's merits because it can't be proven are
> irrelevant in my book. That's probably why we are so far apart ...
> literally.
>
> I accept the concept of next to no friction mentioned without
> reservation because it has proven itself to me on several pianos where
> friction at the levels you mention have been completely unacceptable.

I fail to see what possible definition of <<completely unacceptable>>
could apply to the defacto industry standard on this particular
matter... but ok... I dont need to understand everything.  I simply have
to go along with what the vast majority of my customer feedback tells
me... especially when it is in agreement with the forementioned defacto
industry standard.

That said... if I run into a customer who wants fly away hammers... I am
certainly able to provide that for him/her.  No problems.

> That's all the proof I need to know.

I didnt think we were trying to prove anythings absolute correctness or
wrongness here.

> Best to you and the way you choose to do things,

Likewise... as always.

> Keith

Cheers
RicB