Pinning on new flanges

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 19:39:19 -0700 (PDT)

Snug bushings that keep the hammer flying straight are
good. But what amount of friction they exert upon the
pin is another thing altogether. I'm with Sarah in
that I think utterly slop-free bushings with minimal
friction would be ideal. It would be nice if the
"control" the pianist feels at the instrument were
primarily due to weight and leverages, not friction. I
think.
( Hey! But what do I know?)
     Thump

--- Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>